Saturday, April 09, 2005

12. I SAW THE LIZARD!!!

OK, so it did sound a little scary when they were saying how you would have to cut your finger off if this lizard bit you, but I really wasn't all that worried. I mean I just can't get that scared about a little lizard half the size of a spoon. Well, we were all sitting down eating the delicious food our Thai cook had prepared for us when I heard this weird nose outside, it sounded like a clown nose being honked into a tiny megaphone and I was like,

"Oh, what kind of bird is that?"
"That's not a bird, it's that lizard. It's called a Dukkhe."

Incidentally I was reading a book earlier and in that book Dukkhe meant 'utter human agony.' Great...
So I was like, "Do y'all mind if I get up and look at it?
One of the twins, Luke I think, got up with be and we walked out the back door. He threw something at the wall and it stuck it's head out.
IT WAS HUGE!
Oh my gosh, it *totally freaked me out.* Any time you imagine something that could bite your finger and potentially lead to it's loss as being infinitely small and then you see it face to face and realize it is a giant monster - that is not a good feeling...wonderful.
And how deceiving, they make this fun little sound, like their tooting their happy little horn through their happy little lizard megaphone, and then they bite your leg off...I guess it's a good thing they make that sound, kinda like a rattle snake :)

Lord keep that lizard far from me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home