Thursday, February 17, 2005

3. My Feb. trip to New York

I left Thursday afternoon - and was VERY thankful to be missing days on neuro, and especially to be missing days on stroke - it's awful! I got to Laguardia, took a cab to Katherine's place (58 E 1st street - right off first avenue and next to this funny little bar called the Elephant or something). I didn't get in 'till almost 8. She and Sharon had made Spaghetti and I scarffed that down. It was weird getting out of the cab and walking up to the door that leads to her apt. I feel like I had *just* left there ( I was there the beginning of Dec. for my two gen. surg. interviews). Someone was coming out so I didn't have to have her bug me in. I walked down the little dirty tile hallway to the even littler elevator on the left, got in, and went to the fifth floor. Her apt. is 5B and sits at a 45 degree angle to the adjoining apartment. It was nice to be back. A smile had crept up and was permanently stuck on my face. New York just makes me happy - and I was excited about seeing kat again. I sat on the couch and caught up with Sharon (Katherine's roommate) for a while. We didn't stay up too late. They had to go to work and I had to be at the hospital early. I woke up early the next morning, walked out the door, to the left, across the street, and caught the M15 to 14 street. I walked to Cabrini (between 2nd and 3rd on 19th) and took the elevator to 12

1 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

That hospital, Cabrini, ended up closing it's general surgery program - glad I didn't end up there too! Even though my program ended up closing too...

8:35 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home